Effective Date: October 11th, 2021
If you are an individual user of the Products or Devices in connection with a contract or similar agreement between Slight and a third party, the terms and conditions of that agreement also apply to data that may be collected in connection with your use of the Products and Devices. Please review that agreement for additional detail regarding such data. Your continued usage of the Products or Devices signifies your agreement to the data-related terms contained in that agreement, if any.
The Products are intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collected Via The Products
Slight may obtain various types of personal data about users of the Products or Devices and non-customer website visitors. This data may include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address);
- Information about products ordered or provided;
- Information collected through Internet-based and e-commerce activities such as information obtained from log files, cookies, tracking pixels, images, and scripts;
- Customer service data and information about your prior experiences with Slight’s products;
- Information collected from our third-party service providers; and
- Other transaction-related data.
We also may use certain tracking technologies described below to collect, store, or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Products, including your browsing history, preferences, internet addresses, browser user agent, and IP address. When providing the Products we may also collect information about your Devices, including information collected from logs, configuration files, and other system or software-level information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active and as needed to provide the Products. We will retain and use your information as reasonably necessary to conduct our business, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You hereby agree that Slight may use the personal data you submit in order to:
- Accomplish its business purposes, including to deliver or provide the Products, establish or maintain customer and business relationships, improve the Products, provide access to Internet-based and e-commerce activities, perform accounting functions, and conduct other activities as necessary or appropriate in connection with the Products.
- Market its products and services to you, and the products and services of its third-party partners, including to send you information about products, services, or promotions.
- Opt-Out: You may opt out of these promotional communications by following the instructions in each message, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Send you service updates, announcements, and alerts related to the Products, including notices of security incidents, downtime, or planned maintenance. You may not opt-out of these service communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account and ceasing your use of the Products.
Slight will, in its sole discretion, disclose your personal data to third parties in certain additional limited cases: (1) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights of Slight or its customers and vendors; (2) when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so; (3) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of a website or product or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or restructuring, or the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets, or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process; and (4) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
Your data is of the utmost importance to us. We use modern communication encryption to encrypt your personal data so it cannot be read in transit. In addition, we use secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access to safeguard your personal information in storage.
Please note, however, that although we employ industry-standard security measures to safeguard the security of your personal information, no transmissions made on or through the Internet are guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure the absolute security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Products and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, browser and Device fingerprinting, network traffic monitoring, active scripting, recognition technologies and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Products, tracking users’ movements through the Products, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Products. Further, third parties may use tracking technologies in connection with our Products, which may include the collection and storing of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Statements regarding our practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third parties or the use of the information that such third parties collect. We do, however, work with third parties to make efforts to have you provided with information on their practices and any available opportunity to exercise choice. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third parties.
If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave the site you are visiting and be redirected to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we do not accept responsibility for any use of your personal data by such third parties, and we do not guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy policies as Slight. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third-party site that is linked to a Product, you should read that third-party site’s privacy statement before providing any personal data.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers (such as real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- Commercial information (such as transaction data);
- Internet or other network or Device activity (such as browsing history on our site and information on interaction with a website or application);
- Inference data about you drawn from the data in this section (based on user profile information);
- Legally protected classifications (such as age and gender);
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., information you voluntarily provide as you use the Products, such as additional profile information or user-generated content).
The Sources From Which the Categories of Personal Information Are Collected
We collect personal data directly from information you provide to us; indirectly from our affiliates, service providers, and other vendors; and indirectly through your interactions with other websites.
Business Purposes for Our Collection of Personal Information
The following is a list of the business purposes for our collection of information.
- Provide the Products you have requested, including invoicing and accounting;
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service;
- Provide you with updates and information about the Products;
- Contact you by email, regarding our Products other subjects that we think may be of interest to you;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Products, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services;
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve technical issues being reported;
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others; and
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
Sharing of Categories of Personal Information
CCPA Rights Disclosure
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you and the categories of sources of such information;
- Provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we collect about you; and
- Delete personal information we have about you.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Products to you. You may only make such a request twice within a twelve-month period. Requests are generally free; however, we may charge a reasonable fee or deny your request if it is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive.
To make a CCPA request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request information, which at a minimum will include your name and email address, to verify your identity. We may request additional information to verify your identity before responding to a request. Under the CCPA, you may have an authorized agent submit a request on your behalf, and we will collect certain authorization and verification information from the agent and you in such circumstances.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under applicable law.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Information Request
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve calendar months. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Slight Technologies, Inc.
137 Montague St. #103
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Slight Technologies, Inc.
137 Montague St. #103
Brooklyn, NY 11201